Shmuel Shayowitz (NMLS#19871) is President and Chief Lending Officer at Approved Funding, a privately held local mortgage banker and direct lender.
Shmuel has over two decades of industry experience, including licenses and certifications as a certified mortgage underwriter, residential review appraiser, licensed real estate agent, and direct FHA specialized underwriter.
Shmuel provides a uniquely holistic approach to comprehensive real estate and financial matters that goes well beyond any sin>gle transaction. Shmuel is an award-winning financier recognized for maximizing the short-term and long-term objectives of his client.
As a contributing writer to many local and regional newspapers and publications, his insights have been featured in the media for many topics, including mortgages, personal finance, appraisals, and real estate trends.
Awards, Certifications and Recognition
- 2020, 2019 Forbes Real Estate Council
- Forbes & NJ Monthly Five-Star Mortgage Professional
- Affiliate & Speaker Greater Bergen Board of Realtors
- National Mortgage Underwriter
- Certified Real Estate Appraiser (former)
- Mortgage Lender of the year Jewish Standard
- EllieMae Advisory Board
- Contributing Writer New Jersey JewishLink
- NJ Licensed Real Estate Agent
- Board Member, Cong. Beth Abraham (former)
In The news…
- NMP Most Connected Mortgage Professionals 2020
- Fox Business – Best Mortgage Rates
- Forbes – Strategies For Selling a Home Virtually
- Nerd Wallet – Why Your Bank May Not Be Giving You The Best Mortgage Rate
- USA Today – “Why Rates Are Never Really What You Expect”
- Mid-Atlantic Real Estate Journal
- Other Publications: CBS News, Mortgage Press, Scotsman Guide, Associated Press, Huffington Post, Seattle Times, Mortgage Originator, Jewish Press, Queens JLink, Hamodia