Shmuel Shayowitz (NMLS#19871) is a highly regarded Real Estate & Finance Executive, Writer, Speaker, Coach, and Advisor. He is President and Chief Lending Officer of Approved Funding, a privately held national mortgage banker and direct lender. Shmuel has well over $2 Billion in mortgage origination under management.
Shmuel has over twenty years of advanced industry experience, holding numerous licenses and accreditations, including certified mortgage underwriter, licensed real estate agent, residential review appraiser, and real estate investor, to name a few.
Obtaining his real estate license at the age of 18, Shmuel has successfully navigated through many changing markets and business landscapes, making his market insights and experience well coveted within the real estate industry.
Within the mortgage industry, Shmuel has achieved recognition as a Certified Mortgage Advisor, a distinction earned by only the top 1% of the industry. Some of Shmuel’s many awards include Forbes and NJ Monthly Five-Star Mortgage Professional, The Jewish Standard “Mortgage Lender of The Year,” and Most Connected Mortgage Professional, as well as many others.
Shmuel utilizes his passion for education as a contributing writer, industry speaker, coach, and advisory board member. His articles have been published in Entrepreneur Magazine, where he is a featured Leadership Network Contributor. He is also a member of the Forbes Real Estate Council since 2019. His real estate and financial insights have been featured in CNBC, Forbes, Fox Business, USA Today, The Bergen Record, Realtor.com, TheStreet.Com, Entrepreneur Magazine, and countless mortgage industry publications. Shmuel has been a weekly contributing writer at the Jewish Link, one of the largest Jewish publications, since 2015.
Shmuel resides in Bergen County, New Jersey, with his wife Esther and their five children. They are highly involved in their community and passionate about participating in organizations and services that can benefit from their time and expertise.
Awards, Certifications and Recognition
- FORBES Real Estate Council Member since 2019
- Forbes & NJ Monthly Five-Star Mortgage Professional
- Affiliate & Speaker Greater Bergen Board of Realtors
- National Mortgage Underwriter
- Certified Real Estate Appraiser (former)
- Mortgage Lender of the year Jewish Standard
- EllieMae Advisory Board
- Contributing Writer New Jersey JewishLink
- NJ Licensed Real Estate Agent
- TJE Real Estate and Financial Mentor
- KosherMoney Podcast Featured Professional Sponsor
- Board Member, Cong. Beth Abraham (former)
Shmuel Shayowitz in the news…
- Bankrate.com – Understanding The Countrys Housing Shortage
- Investopedia – Home Equity Loan vs HELOC. All You Need To Know
- Business Insider – Using a Mortgage Co-Signer
- Bankrate.com – Buying a House with an LLC
- Miami Herald – Will The Housing Market Crash
- Business Insider – Mortgage Recasting: All You Need To Know
- Money.com – Equity Sharing. Mortgage Alternative
- ConsumerAffairs – Inflation Levels Off in June
- US News – What Is a Broker Price Opinion
- Consumer Affairs – Home Affordability Hits Lowest Level Since 2006
- The Epoch Times – US Inflation and The Pending Recession
- Realtor.com – Is Mortgage Lending Becoming Riskier Again?
- CNBC – Pros and Cons of Interest-Only Mortgages
- TheStreet.Com – Investors could seek a flight to safety
- MSN – Interest-Only Mortgages May Be Cheaper, But There Are Downsides
- Money – Frustrated House Hunters Face an Expensive Rental Market
- Consumer Affairs – Housing Experts Doubt Rising Rates Will Dampen Home Prices
- Entrepreneur – 3 Core Principles Everyone Should Seek in a Boss or Mentor
- TheStreet.com – Will Omicron Impact Mortgage Rates
- Insider – Real Estate “Love Letters” Are They Unfair?
- Money – Inside The Weirdest Home Seller Demands of 2021
- NMP Most Connected Mortgage Professionals 2020
- Fox Business – Best Mortgage Rates
- Seattle Times – Are You Getting The Best Mortgage Rate?
- Forbes – Strategies For Selling a Home Virtually
- Nerd Wallet – Why Your Bank May Not Be Giving You The Best Mortgage Rate
- USA Today – “Why Rates Are Never Really What You Expect”
- Mid-Atlantic Real Estate Journal
- Other Publications: CBS News, Mortgage Press, Scotsman Guide, Associated Press, Huffington Post, Seattle Times, Mortgage Originator, Jewish Press, Queens JLink, Hamodia
Please Complete This Form To Get In Touch With Shmuel