Jacob Shayovitz is the Chairman & Founder of Approved Funding, a multi-state Mortgage Banker and Direct Lender. He is also the President/CEO of J. Shayovitz Real Estate.
Mr. Shayovitz has been in the Real Estate business for over thirty years and built a reputation of trustworthiness, loyalty and exceptional knowledge of Real Estate, Mortgage Banking and Appraisal professions/businesses. He has been a member of many elite professional organizations for many years. Among them, National Association of Real Estate Appraisers, National Association of Review Appraiser and Mortgage Underwriters, Appraisal Institute, Institute of Management Consultants USA, National Association of Realtors, New York State Association of Realtors (serving on the Board of Directors and several key committees), Brooklyn Board of Realtors, also on the Board of Directos for many years and serving as it’s President in the years of 1998-1999 and on the Board of Directors of the Brooklyn NY MLS.
- Chairman/Founder of Approved Funding, Corp. Licensed Mortgage Banker
- Registered Mortgage Underwriter and Certified Review Appraiser.
- FHA approved Lender
- Originated, processed and placed nearly $1 Billion in mortgage loans of 1-4 family residences since 1987.
- President of J.Shayovitz Realty – Real Estate Brokerage, Appraisal Services, Property Management
- NYS Licensed Real Estate Broker
- NYS Certified Real Estate Appraiser
- Certified Review Appraiser
- Registered HUD Broker
- Supervised the training of all sales personnel & negotiate purchase Agreements
- Actively list, sell and appraise real estate, financial & real estate consulting
- Completed several thousands of fee paid appraisals
- President of Brooklyn Board of Realtors for the term of 1998-1999. New York Real Estate Education Center
- Real Estate, Appraisals and Mortgage instructor, continuing education and licensing courses.
- Approved by the NYS Department of State as an instructor for Real Estate Brokers, Salespersons, Appraisal Licensing & CE Courses.
- Commitment to excellence award- National City Bank (2005)
- Selected to Realtors Honor Society, of the NY State Association of Realtors (2005).
- HSBC’s Top Producers Award. (2003)
- Advisory Board Recognition Plaque in Appreciation for serving on Greenpoint Bank Mortgage Advisory Board, for years 1999-2000
- Brooklyn Board of Realtors for Distinguished Service on the Board of Directors and as President 1998-1999 terms.
- Realtor of the Year Award, NY State Association of Realtors.(1998)
- Distinguished Community Service Award by Council of Jewish Organizations.(1997)
- Award for Dedicated Service on the Board of Directors of South Shore MLS-Brooklyn, NY (1997)
- Goldsense Member Award, Republic Bank for Savings, in recognition of quality and volume of business.(1996)
- Goldsense Member Award, Republic Bank for Savings, in recognition of quality and volume of business.(1995)
- Distinguished Broker for Outstanding Loan Origination, Greenpoint Savings Bank (1991)
- Tier I Mortgage Power Broker, Citibank. In recognition for Excellent Services. (1988)
- Tier I Mortgage Power Broker, Citibank. In recognition for Excellent Services. (1987)
- NYS Certified Real Estate Appraiser
- State Accredited Affiliate of the Appraisal Institute
- Residential Accredited Appraiser – RAA designation by the National Association of Realtors Appraisal Section
- Member National Association of Realtors, NY State Association of Realtors, Brooklyn Board of Realtors, Past President of Brooklyn Board of Realtors and member of Board of Directors. Serving since 1998, on the Board of Directos of New York State Association of Realtors, a 60,000 Members Organization.
- Founding member of the Appraisal Section of National Association of Realtors, the current membership is over 10,000
- Member of the New York State Society of Real Estate Appraisers
- Member of the Brooklyn New York MLS (Formerly South Shore and Mid County Multiple Listing Service) – On Board of Directors, a almost 300 member Real Estate office organization
- Registered Mortgage Underwriter Designation #14135