The common preconceived notion is that when interest rates drop a person will automatically benefit by refinancing their mortgage. While a lower monthly payment might have the most immediate impact on a homeowner, there are other reasons to refinance, regardless of monthly payment. Similarly, there are many antiquated misconceptions that make this opportunity more confusing that it should be.
- Rates need to be 1% or even a ½% lower to make refinancing worthwhile.
- Rate quotes are all that matters when comparing lenders
- Your current loan servicer will offer the best terms for refinancing.
- A lower mortgage rate is the only way to reduce monthly payments.
- Reducing monthly payments always makes financial sense.
- Refinancing makes sense regardless of how long someone plans to stay in the house.
- Not having enough income or equity to qualify
- Assuming that Appraisal values are the same everywhere.
- Going with a broker or lender purely because they were the lowest advertised rate.
- Thinking you will always be able to refinance later
- Reducing the monthly payment
- Shortening the loan term
- Paying off a Home Equity Line of Credit or 2nd lien
- Lowering the mortgage rate.
- Reducing the remaining interest payments
- Extending the loan term
- Converting an ARM loan to a fixed rate
- Accessing equity for projects, home improvements, debts, or Investments
- Use monthly savings for retirement planning or other benefits
- Consolidating outstanding credit card balances
- Factoring in future financial or employment considerations
THE APPROVED ADVANTAGE
Refinancing is as much about your goals and objectives as it is about interest rate and market conditions. Rather than making sweeping assumptions about whether it makes sense or doesn’t make sense to refinance, it is advisable to closely examine the current specifics of your situation before you can make that determination. Approved Funding offers a variety of proprietary and comprehensive analysis that can easily show you the many variables of consideration so that you can make an accurate decision about all of the benefits of refinancing your mortgage.
For more information – complete the quick form below:
Approved Funding is a specialty mortgage lender offering competitive interest rates as well specialty niche programs on all types of Residential and Commercial properties.