“Friends of Lyndhurst“
367 Valley Brook Ave
Lyndhurst, NJ 07071-1810
Lyndhurst is a township in Bergen County, New Jersey, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, the township’s population was 20,554, reflecting an increase of 1,171 (+6.0%) from the 19,383 counted in the 2000 Census, which had in turn increased by 1,121 (+6.1%) from the 18,262 counted in the 1990 Census.
On February 22, 1840, Hudson County was formed by an Act of the New Jersey Legislature. The newly created county was created from territories that had been Bergen Township since 1691, as well as and from the southern portion of Lodi Township. The portion of Lodi Township taken at this time formed the new Harrison Township in Hudson County. The border between the newly created Harrison Township in Hudson County and the portion of Lodi Township remaining in Bergen County was the New Barbadoes Turnpike, which is now called Paterson Plank Road. Some of the residents of the northern portion of Harrison Township requested to be returned to Bergen County. On February 19, 1852, this area — which had been part of Lodi Township — was returned to Bergen County to become the newly formed Union Township.
On September 21, 1881, Rutherford became the first borough to be formed under the terms of the New Jersey Legislature’s Borough Act of 1878, based on a referendum of voters that passed the previous day. Rutherford Borough was fully separated from the township form of government in 1890 and acquired an additional portion of Union Township in that year. On April 17, 1889, Boiling Springs Township was created from the northern portion of Union Township. This township was dissolved with the creation of the coterminous Borough of East Rutherford as of March 28, 1894. The borough of North Arlington was created as of March 11, 1896, as the result of a referendum that took place two days earlier. Finally, on March 27, 1917, the residents of the remaining portions of Union Township passed a referendum to change the name to Lyndhurst Township, which became effective as of May 15, 1917. The township is named for Lord Lyndhurst.
Kingsland is a former post village within the township. The Kingsland family possessed a large tract of land in the area known as Kingsland Manor. In 1872, the Delaware, Lackawanna and Western Railroad established a railway through the township and erected a depot in the area named “Kingsland” in honor of the family. A railroad shop was built, and houses erected for the railroad employees. Church services were held in the train depot.
Complete the form below to learn more about Approved Funding, including our exclusive benefits for Friends of Lyndhurst.
As “A Friend,” by completing this form, you will automatically be entitled to the following:
- A donation on your behalf to the Lyndhurst
- A Free Credit Report and FICO score analysis
- 30-minute complimentary Financial Consultation
- No Application Fees for any loans with Approved Funding
- No Processing Fees for any loans with Approved Funding