“Friends of Saddle Brook“
93 Market Street,
Saddle Brook NJ 07663
Saddle Brook is a township in Bergen County, New Jersey, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, the township’s population was 13,659, reflecting an increase of 504 (+3.8%) from the 13,155 counted in the 2000 Census, which had, in turn, declined by 141 (-1.1%) from the 13,296 counted in the 1990 Census.
Saddle River Township was created on March 20, 1716, consisting of all of the territories in Bergen County west of the Saddle River, making it one of the oldest municipalities in Bergen County, within the area that had been known as New Barbadoes Township, which itself had been set off from Essex County and added to Bergen County in 1710. It was incorporated on February 21, 1798, by the Township Act of 1798 as one of the initial groups of 104 townships incorporated in New Jersey. The historic name of the township was from the Saddle River, a tributary of the Passaic River, which in turn was named for a stream and valley in Saddell, Argyll, Scotland. It was bounded on the north by Ridgewood, south by Lodi, east by the Saddle River, and west by the Passaic River. In 1724, the Township formally seceded from New Barbadoes.
After its formation in 1716, Saddle River Township was split up in 1772 by royal decree, with the northernmost half becoming Franklin Township, named after the last royal governor of New Jersey, William Franklin, son of Benjamin Franklin. Pompton Township was established in 1797 from parts of both Franklin and Saddle River Townships west of the Ramapo River, leaving sections of both townships disconnected to the west of Pompton Township. West Milford Township was formed from the discontinuous, western sections of both Franklin and Saddle River townships in 1834. Saddle Brook was among the initial group of 104 municipalities formally incorporated under the Township Act of 1798.
In the initial wave of “Boroughitis” in which 26 new boroughs were created in 1894 alone and two more in 1895, Glen Rock (on September 14, 1894) and Lodi (December 22, 1894) split off from Saddle River Township, followed shortly thereafter by Wallington (January 2, 1895). Garfield (March 15, 1898), East Paterson (April 18, 1916; renamed to Elmwood Park, effective January 1, 1973) and Fair Lawn (April 5, 1924) subsequently split off.
Saddle Brook adopted its current name on November 8, 1955, replacing Saddle River Township.
Complete the form below to learn more about Approved Funding, including our exclusive benefits for Friends of Saddle Brook.
As “A Friend,” by completing this form, you will automatically be entitled to the following:
- A donation on your behalf to the Saddle Brook
- A Free Credit Report and FICO score analysis
- 30-minute complimentary Financial Consultation
- No Application Fees for any loans with Approved Funding
- No Processing Fees for any loans with Approved Funding